Re: Ordering concepts in a Tree display

Thanks for the information!

What is the most natural:
(1) post-ordering concepts in lists (orderedCollection)
(2) "pre" ordering concepts by assigning them a number (for instance
begining year for an era, school years for a student grade, number of
wheels for a vehicle, etc.)
I used method (2) for decades before advent of SKOS.

Does (1) makes sense for this use?
* it introduces a new object in the file (the orderedCollections) that
must be managed somehow/somewhere.
* how the displaying program knows that the NT concepts must be
presented following the orderedCollection?
    It is the NTs which are listed, not the orderedCollection!
    (and worse: the concept could be in multiple orderedCollections for
different purposes than display ordering)
* A previous message proposed to make collections of collections instead
of using NTs/BTs. Not very practical for general thesauri:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-esw-thes/2009Mar/0000.html

With (2), you just add a "rank" property to the concept...

(3) the real "perfect" solution, is to have a rank within the BT/NT
relation. I suppose no one wants to reify the SKOS relations!

For now, I will create a namespace for a ranking property...

Have a nice w.e.!

Christophe