RE: Ordering concepts in a Tree display / possibly more than a sort key

Hi Christophe,

This may go beyond the extension of SKOS and ISO 25964-1 is indeed more complete in modeling
thesauri.

However, I think of 2 possible ways to make extensions to SKOS.

For SKOS, reification may be used or OWL2 annotations

- Define your annotation property/ies (e.g. my-annotation:siblingKey)

- Assign the key (together with potential other annotations) to the relation using:

owl:Axiom [

   owl:annotatedSource <concept_a> ;

   owl:annotatedTarget <concept_b> ;

   owl:annotatedProperty <skos:broader> ;

   my-annotation:siblingKey “key-value” .

  ]

skos:OrderedCollection may be another way to get items ordered.

In this case you also need some extensions

1- to determine when to use a particular collection.

  e.g. for sorting the narrower terms of concept <a>,  a

       <collection-x> example:sortNarrowerFrom <a> .

        could be used.

2- identify the sorting algorithm used.

  e.g. collections could be typed or use other properties (example:sortAlgorithm).

Such a property may be added to the collection

Kind Regards,

Johan De Smedt

Chief Technology Officer

mail:  <mailto:johan.de-smedt@tenforce.com> johan.de-smedt@tenforce.com