Re: Ordering concepts in a Tree display / possibly more than a sort key

From: Stella Dextre Clarke <stella@lukehouse.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 09:33:15 +0000
To: Christophe Dupriez <christophe.dupriez@destin.be>
CC: Aida Slavic <aida@acorweb.net>, Skos <public-esw-thes@w3.org>
On 07/02/2011 08:34, Christophe Dupriez wrote:
> Hi!
> If SKOS community wants to go further than one concept attribute for
> what I would propose to call a "siblingKey" (a value used to sort
> sibling concepts), an attribute to the broader relation is therefore
> needed.
> This would be easy in XML (ISO 25954 but I do not see any ordering
> information in the HierarchicalRelationship element)
Hi Christophe,
Just a small clarification in case it is not clear. The ISO 25964-1 data
model *does* provide for ordering of the sibling concepts in
"ThesaurusArray". The ability to sort siblings into a systematic order
is not seen as part of the hierarchical relationship per se, since even
a flat list, or the top level of a vocabulary, might need to be ordered.

  But the nature of the sorting mechanism to use is left open.

Stella Dextre Clarke
Information Consultant
Luke House, West Hendred, Wantage, OX12 8RR, UK
Tel: 01235-833-298
Fax: 01235-863-298