Re: Ordering concepts in a Tree display

Alistair Miles wrote:
> (2) represent your systematic display using some other data format (some
> sort of XML would be ideal, as you get hierarchy and ordering easily), in
> which case you'd have to figure out how to manage your systematic display
> data in addition to your basic broader/narrower graph and make sure the two
> weren't inconsistent,

Hi Alistair,

This is the approach we're taking in our upcoming refresh of the
Registry, since we believe that in general ordering for display is a
'local' system issue rather than an expression of conceptual semantics
and is liable to be highly variable. Not to mention that ordering for
human browsing is usually completely unrelated to semantics.

We're using JSON to express a 'manifest' that can be easily displayed as
an ordered hierarchy, the ordering of branches and leaves performed and
stored independent of the maintenance of the RDF.

Nice to have you around,

Jon Phipps
http://metadataregistry.org