Re: Mapping SKOS into BFO

Hi Jim,

Re. cmo:represents and cmo:representedBy, I think there was a kind of consensus on this list prior to your proposal, as Alistair is hinting at: using foaf:focus [1] for links between the SKOS concept of the "thing" (and the "thing" refered to in FOAF could perfectly be an (OWL) class such as vacoule  or lytic_vacoule).

Acknowledging this, any CMO solution should be aligned with it (either by re-using that property or mapping to it via RDFS/OWL property axioms). Or make a serious case against foaf:focus!

Cheers,

Antoine

[1] http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/#term_focus