Re: Mapping SKOS into BFO

Generally interested, Jim.  And looked at BFO and it's current ontology status.

To quote Barry Smith's paper:

"On the linguistic reading the assertions of is_a  and other relations
between concepts are assertions about meanings or ideas. A sentence
like

lytic vacuole is_a vacuole

is, appearances notwithstanding, not an assertion about lytic
vacuoles; rather it is an assertion about language use. It tells us
that the meaning associated with the name ‘lytic vacuole’
is narrower or more specific than the meaning associated with the name
‘vacuole’ by this or
that group of subjects"

To take Barry Smith's argument as a practical example,

Could you map out a quick example within BFO where lytic vacuole and
vacuole would play out, so that I could see a skos:Concept , a
bfo:Entity , and a snap:GenericallyDependentContinuent coordinated
with a snap:DependentContinuent ?

Thanks in advance,

--
-Thad