Re: Status of resources (stable, testing etc)

Hi Bernard

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 03:08:01PM +0200, Bernard Vatant wrote:
> Hello Alistair
>
> Thanks for the finding. Looks indeed very close to what we need, indeed, and
> we have URIs for the status values.
> Looking a closer there is a bit of namespace hijacking / wishful thinking -
> not to mention the weird xml:lang attribute on the skos:Concept element
> itself :(
>
>     <skos:Concept rdf:about="http://metadataregistry.org/uri/RegStatus/1003"
> xml:lang="en">
>         <skos:inScheme rdf:resource="
> http://metadataregistry.org/uri/RegStatus"/>
>         <*skos:status* rdf:resource="
> http://metadataregistry.org/uri/RegStatus/1001"/>
>         <skos:prefLabel xml:lang="en">Change-Proposed</skos:prefLabel>
>     </skos:Concept>
>
> *skos:status* ??? I don't think it has ever been there even in the spec
> drafts, or maybe remotely in the corner of some discussions. Alistair,
> remember such a thing?

Hm, no I don't think so. I've only ever used Dan & Libby's status
vocab. I did once jot a few related thoughts down at
http://esw.w3.org/ConfigurationManagement but didn't use the SKOS
namespace.

Incidentally, searching the SKOS UCR doc for "status" pointed me to
the BIRNlex use case, http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-ucr/#UC-BirnLex - see
birn_annot:curationStatus. It might be worth following that up.

Also I know the folks responsible for IVOA.net have done lots on
vocabulary management, see
e.g. http://www.ivoa.net/Documents/latest/Vocabularies.html - maybe
worth getting in touch.

> ... but if someday soon we have, courtesy of DCMI diligence, a
> dcterms:status property it would fit neatly in the slot.

Sounds reasonable.

Cheers,

Alistair