Re: Project to develop a PHP class for SKOS Validation

Hi Juan Antonio, Alistair, Christophe,

>> It would be interesting coordination through the Web Semantic Wiki
>> (http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Main_Page) and SKOS community can keep
>> abreast of our progress. I do not know if this is possible or the best
>> way to do so.
>
> Sounds like a good idea, Antoine's the best person to ask.

Indeed, even though your noticing that forces me to re-write the mail I had already started to write to Juan Antonio ;-)

> I just discovered that SKOS has a new wiki: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/SKOS ... nice :)

:-)
This wiki is indeed the best way to coordinate with the SKOS community (beyond sending mails as you've done the past days, of course!). Anyone can create an account to edit this wiki, so Juan Antonio and others, feel free to do it!

There is also a validator page on the (much more static) W3C site for SKOS: http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/validation. I can update this page if Juan Antonio or Christophe want to have any new tool listed there. Note that if the list of validation tools becomes too large, and requires a more community-based management, this page could just point to a wiki page edited by everyone on the community's wiki!

Regarding the specific issue of already implemented validation services, you can see that in fact both the wiki and the site point to the Poolparty consistency checker [1]. Maybe that can be interesting for you to have a look at!

Cheers,

Antoine

[1] http://demo.semantic-web.at:8080/SkosServices/check

PS: Juan Antonio, your idea of a dedicated task force is very interesting! Unfortunately I won't have any time to do anything more than reading the news you send, and giving you some (probably late) feedback, I'm afraid...