Re: [?? Probable Spam] Project to develop a PHP class for SKOS Validation

Hi all,

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 10:15:40AM +0200, Christophe Dupriez wrote:
> Dear Mr.Pastor Sánchez,
>
> I am working on something similar in the Java environment, also
> hoping to share efforts and results with a community.
> I would propose to share the design (and, if possible, a Web API).
> The idea is to not only have the basic "built-in" SKOS integrity
> rules but also to generate warning, questions to the thesaurus
> manager so (s)he can improve the semantical quality of his(her)
> cathedral.
>
> A very very preliminar list:
> http://www.destin.be/ASKOSI/Wiki.jsp?page=SKOS%20validation
> Statistics / Exception listing based length of labels are also useful.
> Eurovoc managers may have ideas (Bernard Vatant, do you have any
> clue about this?)
>
> The first thing could be to gather a bibliography on the topic...
> And the rules used by current validators (Schematron, PoolParty)

My contributions...

The experimental SKOS validation service [1] implements the tests described
at [2] using the generic schemarama 2 service at [3]. Note that the tests in
[2] were written before the SKOS Recommendation was completed. Of the tests,
A1, A2, B1 and B3 do actually test for inconsistencies w.r.t. the SKOS data
model. B2 and B4 are not relevant any more (symbol labels were dropped). The
tests in groups C and D are *not* consistency tests, but *are* the sorts
of test that might be useful for thesaurus management. All the tests are
implemented as a single SPARQL query, e.g., [4] implements test B1. Some of the
tests require some inferences to be computed prior to executing the test query.

I'm sorry to say that anything hosted under the isegserv.itd.rl.ac.uk domain
might disappear in the near future - it's hosted by a previous employer,
and they are planning to shut the server down soon (possibly in the next
few weeks), and I haven't had a chance to move the content elsewhere -
so if you're interested, grab it while you can.

Cheers

Alistair

[1] http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/validation
[2] http://isegserv.itd.rl.ac.uk/cvs-public/~checkout~/skos/drafts/integrity.html?rev=1.7