Re: Status of SKOS resources (stable, testing etc) : supersededBy ???

Hi Christophe,

On Mon, Jul 05, 2010 at 06:36:22PM +0200, Christophe Dupriez wrote:
> What would be an elegant way to represent supersession (superseded /
> superseding) as a relation between two concepts
> OR as a simple trace of a previous identifier redirected to a new
> one (like with HTTP status 301 where the old page is not
> accessible)?

I haven't thought about this very deeply, but I think I would do both.

I.e., add...

<http://example.org/concepts/X> dcterms:isReplacedBy <http://example.org/concepts/Y> .

...to my triples, and make sure that...

GET /concepts/X
Host: example.org

...returns...

301
Location: http://example.org/concepts/Y

...although thinking about this a bit more, this does mean that if you
were ever interested in data about the superseded concept, you
wouldn't be able to retrieve the data directly (because of the
301). So now I'm not sure if the 301 is a good idea.

Btw, dcterms [1] has dcterms:replaces and dcterms:isReplacedBy which
are possibly suitable.

Cheers

Alistair

[1] http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/#terms-replaces