Re: Markup of SKOS in HTML

Hi Kevin,

The use of embedded RDF in HTML documents (which includes SKOS) is still
very much a matter of flux and debate, and tends to overlap with
concepts such as microformats.

I believe that the closest that exists to a standard is the RDF/a draft
which you can find at http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/.

The syntax provided there doesn't quite match what you have used.  I
believe the RDFa-compliant markup is something like:

<ol class="menu" typeof="skos:Concept"
about="http://ukwildlife.co.uk/concepts#wildlife"
     rel="skos:narrower">

     <li typeof="skos:Concept"
about="http://ukwildlife.co.uk/concepts#mammals">
     </li>
     <li typeof="skos:Concept"
about="http://ukwildlife.co.uk/concepts#birds">
property="skos:prefLabel">Birds</a>
resource="http://ukwildlife.co.uk/concepts#ornithology">Ornithology</span>
     </li>
     <li typeof="skos:Concept"
about="http://ukwildlife.co.uk/concepts#odonata">
rel="skos:prefLabel">Odonata</a>
resource="http://ukwildlife.co.uk/concepts#dragonflies">Dragonflies</span>
resource="http://ukwildlife.co.uk/concepts#damselflies">Damselflies</span>
     </li>
     <li typeof="skos:Concept"
about="http://ukwildlife.co.uk/concepts#insects">
resource="http://ukwildlife.co.uk/concepts#arthropod">arthropod</span>
     </li>
     <li typeof="skos:Concept"
about="http://ukwildlife.co.uk/concepts#fungi">
resource="http://ukwildlife.co.uk/concepts#mushrooms">Mushrooms</span>
     </li>
     <li typeof="skos:Concept"
about="http://ukwildlife.co.uk/concepts#spiders">
property="skos:prefLabel">Spiders</a>
resource="http://ukwildlife.co.uk/concepts#arachnida">Arachnida</span>
     </li>
     <li typeof="skos:Concept"
about="http://ukwildlife.co.uk/concepts#butterflies">
property="skos:prefLabel">Butterflies</a>
resource="http://ukwildlife.co.uk/concepts#papilionoidea">Papilionoidea</span>
resource="http://ukwildlife.co.uk/concepts#moths">Moths</span>
     </li>
     <li typeof="skos:Concept"
about="http://ukwildlife.co.uk/concepts#amphibians">
property="skos:prefLabel">Amphibians</a>
resource="http://ukwildlife.co.uk/concepts#frogs">Frogs</span>
resource="http://ukwildlife.co.uk/concepts#toads">Toads</span>
resource="http://ukwildlife.co.uk/concepts#newts">Newts</span>
     </li>
</ol>

I've tweaked this a little to make it explicit that each <li> item is
classed as being <skos:narrower> of the #wildlife parent.  This seems
like what you would want, but I'm not sure.

Cheers,

-- Stephen.