RE: Doubts about domains and microthesauri in Thesaurus to SKOS conversion

Hi Giancarlo,

Bernard Vatant and myself have developed the EUROVOC schema in attachment for the EU/OPOCE.
The schema and the documentation are copyright of the EU as mentioned in the owl and html file.

This schema models a thesaurus (EUROVOC) which has a top-level structure of domains/micro-thesauri further specialized in a concept hierarchy.
All micro-thesauri and the complete thesaurus are modeled as skos:ConceptScheme.
The domains that are regrouping micro-thesauri were modeled as a complementary class with dedicated properties between Domain and Micro-thesaurus.
The concepts are modeled as skos:Concept.  These concept belong to the EUROVOC thesaurus and to at least one micro-thesaurus.

The html file gives an explanation.
The owl file is owl-2. it imports the skos and skos-xl from the web.
Extension classes and properties have additional comments in the owl.

feel free to ask explanations when needed.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
   Johan De Smedt
mail: johan.de-smedt@tenforce.com