RE: skos:definition and dcterms:source

From: Houghton,Andrew <houghtoa@oclc.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 14:40:13 -0500
To: <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

You could make that skos:definition a structured value instead:

<skos:definition rdf:parseType="Resource">
  <dcterms:source rdf:resource="http://en.wikipedia.org/XML" />
  <rdf:value>XML is ...</rdf:value>
</skos:definition>

However, the definition for skos:defintion is:

  "supplies a complete explanation of the intended meaning of a concept."

and that doesn't appear how you are using it.  You seem to be using it
in the context of a source data found note.  We include source data
found notes in our SKOS as:

<skos:note rdf:parseType="Resource">
  <rdfs:label>source data found</rdfs:label>
  <rdf:value>XML is ...</rdf:value>
  <dcterms:source rdf:resource="http://en.wikipedia.org/XML" />
</skos:note>

Hope that helps, Andy.