Re: FOAF spec revised - addtion of foaf:focus, a skos extension linking topical and factual information

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 11:37:15AM -0400, Thomas Baker wrote:
> It's not clear to me why Bernard's "referent" would not work,
> other than that it vaguely promises an underlying theory;
> picture people straining to recall what they may once have read
> about Saussure...

"Saussure says that with the word H-O-R-S-E, where the concept
of horse is what is signified, the referent is what kicks you."

-- http://legacy.lclark.edu/~soan370/glossary/referent.html

--
Tom Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>