Re: [Fwd: Re: Serialization skos:Concept vs owl:Thing vs rdf..]

On Sep 14, 2009, at 11:51 PM, Simon Cox wrote:

> I guess Protege uses OWL as its internal model, so this kind of
> behaviour, though annoying, is to be expected.
>
> What this points to is that the world needs a RDF or SKOS editor
> that does not gratuitously promote everything up to OWL.
> Promoting everything to OWL kinda misses the point of having SKOS,
> which is explicitly for applications that do not need to go all the
> way to OWL.

Simon,

TopBraid Composer [1] (including the Free Edition) may better suit
your needs, and will not make random changes to your SKOS files. It is
a true RDF *and* OWL editor, and we (and our customers) use it for
SKOS editing on a daily basis.

Holger

[1] http://www.topquadrant.com/products/TB_Composer.html