Re: SKOS support in Drupal

Sean Bechhofer a écrit :

> On 23 Nov 2009, at 21:51, Dan Morrison wrote:
>
>> In the -dev branch of import-export anyway :-B
>> I should put together a little screencast.
>>
>> As it's so esoteric, it may not be for human consumption - I mean it
>> took me over a year to find the first (only) example of SKOS in the
>> wild that represented a taxonomy that was suitable for import!
>> So it's not something I've been crowing about, it's just another thing
>> that MAY be useful to someone somewhere down the track.
>>
>> If anyone can link to a SKOS file that represents a glossary,
>> taxonomy, or restricted vocabulary in any useful field, I can point
>> the machine at it and see what happens. So far results have been
>> surprisingly good, but I'm sure that some tuning may be needed if I
>> feed it enough astual data.
>>
>> ..dan.
>

> The SKOS implementation report [1] cited a number of vocabularies that
> were using SKOS. How about one of those?
>
> Cheers,
>
>     Sean
>
> [1]
> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/reference/20090315/implementation.html

Yes, Dan, if you want to play with something, maybe one of the IVOA astronomy vocabularies can be nice. Especially because there are a couple of "small" vocs  with a clear hierarchical structure there, such as [2].
And then you could have a try with bigger vocabularies. But be careful, things such as subject heading lists (like LCSH at [3]) are more like "networks" of concepts that are not really intended at for global hierarchical browsing, as they maybe have some thousands of "top" nodes...

Cheers,

Antoine

[2] http://www.ivoa.net/rdf/Vocabularies/vocabularies-20091007/AVM/
[3] http://id.loc.gov