Re: SKOS support in Drupal

From: Dan Morrison <themelonman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:51:44 +1300
Cc: SKOS <public-esw-thes@w3.org>, Leo Sauermann <leo.sauermann@dfki.de>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
To: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
In the -dev branch of import-export anyway :-B
I should put together a little screencast.

As it's so esoteric, it may not be for human consumption - I mean it
took me over a year to find the first (only) example of SKOS in the
wild that represented a taxonomy that was suitable for import!
So it's not something I've been crowing about, it's just another thing
that MAY be useful to someone somewhere down the track.

If anyone can link to a SKOS file that represents a glossary,
taxonomy, or restricted vocabulary in any useful field, I can point
the machine at it and see what happens. So far results have been
surprisingly good, but I'm sure that some tuning may be needed if I
feed it enough astual data.

..dan.

On 24/11/2009, at 4:20 AM, Antoine Isaac wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Cool news from the Drupal community: Drupal is in fact supporting
> SKOS in its taxonomy module [1].
>
> Kudos to the DFKI team who implemented this!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Antoine
>
> [1] http://drupal.org/node/560326

Dan Morrison