Re: Best practices: representing homonym relationships in SKOS

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 9:08 AM, Thomas Bandholtz <
thomas.bandholtz@innoq.com> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> I feel with you, as my native language is German ;-)  Would everything be
as simple as English!
> Anyway, I send your posting to public-esw-thes@w3.org which makes a better
fit (than LOD).

> Dan Matei schrieb:
>
> It's easy for the "English" KOSs :-) In my language (Romanian) we have to
deal with "labels" of a different species (i.e. with genders). So we have to
record grammatical properties for the "labels". Thus we have "terms" which
are not simple literals.

Romanian inflection *is* rather complicated.  There are some useful  lexical
resources available which may be helpful.  See e.g. Barbu
(2008)<http://www.lrec-conf.org/proceedings/lrec2008/pdf/495_paper.pdf>for
two approaches, and Tufiş
et. al. (2008)<http://www.racai.ro/%7Edanstef/Articles/Romanian_WordNet_Current%20State,_New_Applications_and_Prospects_%282008%29.pdf>for
the current state of  Romanian WordNet, which has the usual WordNet
relationships.

Simon

Barbu, A.M (2008) Romanian lexical data bases: Inflected and syllabic forms
dictionaries.
  In Proceedings of the Sixth International Language Resources and
Evaluation (LREC’08)

Tufiş, D., Ion, R., Bozianu, L., CEAUŞU, A., & Ştefănescu, D. (2008).
Romanian WordNet: Current State, New Applications and Prospects.
   In Proceedings of 4th Global WordNet Conference, GWC-2008, University of
Szeged, Hungary (pp. 441–452).