Re: [Dbpedia-discussion] Using DBpedia resources as skos:Concepts?

Hi Mike,

Let me just quickly respond to one point:

On 13 Nov 2009, at 01:16, Mike Bergman wrote:
>> I understand that umbel:linksEntity is designed exactly for this
>> case. But I'd feel uneasy about recommending the use of this
>> property.
>>
>> Where is it used already? Any evidence of uptake in the RDF
>> community? Are the UMBEL folks engaging with the community to get
>> greater buy-in? Are the UMBEL folks in touch with the SKOS
>> community to work towards getting this into a future version of
>> SKOS? Are there any people whom I trust who endorse the use of
>> UMBEL? What else do I “buy into” when I use UMBEL?
>>
>> I'm not an early adopter type when it comes to this kind of
>> vocabulary, so I want to see some evidence of uptake...
<snip>
> Finally, as a personal note, I have to say that I find the
> gratuitously snide and superior tone of Richard and Ross's comments
> off-putting.

If I sounded snide, that was not my intention. These were honest
questions. I asked these questions because satisfying answers will
compel me to spend more time understanding UMBEL.

And I really don't know why you are picking on Ross. He was pointing
out UMBEL as a solution to my problem.

> If there are questions as to why some of us don't engage more on
> these forums, look only to the unprofessional aspects of some of the
> participants and their dialog.

I am not a member of this list, I just came here to ask a question,
and this is the only thread I'm active in. No need to disengage from
this forum because of me.

Best,
Richard