Re: ConceptScheme as a subset of another?

Dear Antoine

Thanks very much.  That's extremely informative.

My thinking has moved on a little and I would appreciate any thoughts you
have on a slightly different approach. I'm on rocky ground here as my
background is more OO and I have very little background knowledge of RDF.

Essentially subsets are of _like_ things.  So two example ConceptSchemes
with subsets might be:

   - A ConceptScheme of Services with subsets of Fire and of Police services
   - A ConceptScheme of Needs with subsets of safety needs and of health
   needs

Hence I wonder if I should be creating a ex:ServiceClass as an
rdfs:subClassOf skos:Concept (and likewise for a NeedClass) and somehow
limiting the Service ConceptScheme to holding just ServiceClass concepts
(and likewise a Need ConceptScheme to just NeedClass concepts).

There will be a relationship between Service and Need concepts as defined by
a property like ex:addressesNeed.  I'm unsure if such a relationship should
be a rdfs:subProperty of a skos mapping or not.

Lots of issues there.  Any pointers would be welcome.

Many thanks
Mike