Differences between SKOS and ISO standards : transitivity

From: Leonard Will <L.Will@willpowerinfo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 16:47:04 +0000
To: "public-esw-thes@w3.org" <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

I realise that I was not quite rigorous in what I said about
transitivity in my message earlier today. To  clarify, as I understand
them to be used in the thesaurus community and in ISO standards:

The generic relationship BTG is transitive

The partitive relationship BTP is transitive

The generalised  relationship BT can not be assumed to be transitive,
because different occurrences of it may represent a mixture of the above
types.

Transitivity does not arise in the instance relationship BTI because you
can't have an instance of an instance.

Leonard Will
--
Willpower Information     (Partners: Dr Leonard D Will, Sheena E Will)
Information Management Consultants            Tel: +44 (0)20 8372 0092