Re: W3C SKOS Reference Last Call (3 days left in comment period)

From: Alistair Miles <alistair.miles@zoo.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:43:26 +0000
To: Magnus Knuth <magnus.knuth@imise.uni-leipzig.de>
Cc: public-esw-thes@w3.org

Hi Magnus,

Just to add to what Antoine said, we agree with your position.

The following graph is consistent with the SKOS data model:

ex:A skos:prefLabel "foo"@en ; skos:inScheme ex:MyScheme .
ex:B skos:prefLabel "foo"@en ; skos:inScheme ex:MyScheme .
ex:A owl:differentFrom ex:B .

However, note that such data will probably not be compatible with some
existing thesaurus software.

Regards,

Alistair

Senior Computing Officer