[ANN] Standard Thesaurus Economics in RDFa/SKOS (tech preview)

From: Neubert Joachim <J.Neubert@zbw.eu>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 15:04:12 +0100
To: <public-esw-thes@w3.org>
Hi all,

I'd like to announce here a tech preview of the "Standard Thesaurus
Economics" as a RDFa/SKOS application.

The german/english thesaurus
(http://www.zbw.eu/e_databases/e_econis/e_standard_thesaurus.htm
<http://www.zbw.eu/e_databases/e_econis/e_standard_thesaurus.htm> )
contains 6,500 richly interlinked concepts. At the German National
Library of Economics (ZBW) and other institutions it is used for more
than ten years to index literature from economics and business practice.

As a preview, http://www.zbw.eu/beta/stw <http://www.zbw.eu/beta/stw>
contains only a hand full of concepts (indeed the test set used in the
development of the conversion scripts). Some things have still to be
fixed - most notably, the licensing policy but also the "user
experience" of the web site ;)

Nevertheless I would be very happy to get some feedback - especially
about the URI design (which can't be changed easily after the whole set
is published) and the approach to versioning (preserving the concept's
identity but providing "historical data" for human lookup).

Comments are highly appreciated.

Cheers, Joachim