RE: Need advice on using same URI for SKOS and FOAF descriptions

Even this approach doesn't meet the sniff test.  The property
owl:equivalentClass is defined as two classes that contain
exactly the same set of individuals.  In the above RDF the
class of all foaf:Person individuals does not contain the
same set of individuals as the class of all skos:Concept.  A
skos:Concept could be a person, but it could also be a place,
topic, event, etc.  Hence owl:equivalent class doesn't apply.

We have abandoned the use of owl:equivalentClass and instead
have decided to use dcterms:source to indicate that the
foaf:Person and skos:Concept are derived from the owl:Thing
<http://example.org/person/1>.

Andy.