Thoughts on the appropriate relationships between coordinated concepts

From: Ross Singer <rossfsinger@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 10:51:30 -0500
To: SKOS <public-esw-thes@w3.org>
Hi all, I'm looking for some advice for the best way to model the
relationships between a skos:Concept that represents a "topic", e.g.:
http://id.loc.gov/authorities/sh85010030#concept

to a skos:Concept that represents a subdivision to be used in
coordination, e.g.:
http://id.loc.gov/authorities/sh00006049#concept

These are describing basically the same thing, but they have different
uses, different contexts and are not interchangeable.  That being
said, it would be useful to acknowledge the existence of one from the
other and that it's semantically talking about the same concept.

Any ideas?  I'm leaning towards skos:closeMatch, but I'm not sure if
skos:relatedMatch (or, perhaps, some different predicate entirely) is
more appropriate.

Thanks,
-Ross.