regrets

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:58:53 +0100
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>, www-style@w3.org, www-amaya-dev@w3.org, www-validator@w3.org, www-rdf-interest-request@w3.org, svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, wai-xtech@w3.org, Web Accessibilty <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, w3c-wai-pf@w3.org, process-issues@w3.org, public-svg-ig@w3.org, public-cdf@w3.org, public-esw-thes@w3.org
regrets,

it is with profound regret that I find my other commitments prevent me
from contributing further to developments at W3C.

I had always felt that w3c's reliance on commercial funding distorted
the progress of specifications.
Most particularly in respect of the needs of the end-user and
particularly the less literate, including the large community of
people with learning disabilities.

Communication is most successful when it is a two-way process, this
requires that specifications are rigorously tested to ensure that all
users are enabled to author and publish on an equal footing, as far as
is reasonable and possible.

Instead guilds are developing who's self interest has rather different
motivations.

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

j.chetwynd@btinternet.com