How does one "simply" download the SKOS RDF Schema using a regular browser?

From: Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 17:12:06 +0200
To: SKOS <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien".

At http://www.w3.org/2008/05/skos which is supposed to be the address of
the SKOS schema, one can read

"Note that the vocabulary is served using Recipe 3 (see SWD Best
Practice Recipes for Publishing Vocabularies [RDF-RECIPES]
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-skos-reference-20080829/skos.html#RDF-RECIPES>),
so clients requiring RDF/XML should should make an appropriate request
in the header. "

Great, cool for machines. I suppose the double "should should" reads as
a "MUST", because it seems that the regular guy with a regular browser
without RDF plugin just can't get to the schema.
I wanted to point to this URI for someone wanting to simply load it in
an ontology editor ...
I tried to upload directly this URI in Protégé and got a pile of Java
errors I don't want to read.

Is it too difficult to put on this page something like : "The SKOS RDF
Schema is (in) the document available at
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/skos/whatever" ?

As it were ... before someone invented Best Practices :-)

Bottom line : if we want outreach to be effective, please allow people
not aware of all httpRange subtleties to have a simple answer to the
question"Where do I click to download this d... schema ??".

THANKS

Bernard

--

*Bernard Vatant