Re: [SKOS] About notations and datatypes (was Re: Comments on Vocabularies document, v 1.15)

Hi Norman,

Yes we've had a number of comments regarding the notations
feature. Most of the comments focus on problems regarding the use of
custom datatypes, and one option for us is to consider relaxing the
usage convention for typed literals as the object of skos:notation
triples. However I see from the first example in [1] that you don't
use datatypes anyway, so this would not be a problem for you. But
however this goes, I think it is very unlikely that the skos:notation
property would be dropped altogether.

End Dec 2008 is still the target for full Rec...

Cheers,

Alistair.

[1] http://www.ivoa.net/Documents/PR/Semantics/Vocabularies-20080912.html

--