From: public-esw-thes-request@w3.org [mailto:public-esw-thes-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Panzer,Michael
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 8:20 AM
To: public-esw-thes@w3.org
Subject: RE: revisions and change in skos

Hi Rob,

I am currently dealing with similar problems and have been experimenting
with using DCMI terms:

For deprecation (vacating a concept completely) I am using
dcterms:isReplacedBy:

<Concept rdf:about="a">
  <historyNote rdf:parseType="Resource">
    <dcterms:isReplacedBy rdf:resource="b"/>
  </historyNote>
</Concept>

However, it is debatable if the added semantics induced by the history
note property warrant the creation of a blank node in your resource
description, or if dcterms:isReplacedBy should be used directly outside
of the note.

In addition, some other DC terms like dcterms:created, dcterms:updated,
dcterms:issued, dcterms:coverage and dc:isVersionOf come in handy for
indicating version dependencies.

Cheers
Michael