Re: RE : aboutness and broader

From: François-Paul Servant <francois-paul.servant@renault.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 15:51:03 +0200
CC: public-esw-thes@w3.org

Leonard Will a écrit :
 > I'm not clear why you want to make this distinction or what different
property you see the need for. If a document is about mammals, it is about animals.
sorry to jump in, but I don't think so: a document about mammals is not about
animals, it is about a special kind of animals. If you're searching for
information about the concept "animal", you're probably not interested with a
document about platypus. When searching, it should be up to the user to decide
whether she wants all documents about all kinds of animals, or just documents
about the concept "animal".

Semanlink for instance (which uses skos in a tagging system) give both results:
http://www.semanlink.net/tag/animal.html
http://www.semanlink.net/tag/animal.html?mode=1

Regards,

fps