Re: RE : [ISSUE-77] [ISSUE-48] Re: [Dbpedia-discussion] Skos subject properties are deprecated

From: Simon Spero <sesuncedu@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 13:50:41 -0500
Cc: "Richard Cyganiak" <richard@cyganiak.de>, "Mikael Nilsson" <mikael@nilsson.name>, "Bernard Vatant" <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>, "Peter Ansell" <ansell.peter@gmail.com>, <dbpedia-discussion@lists.sourceforge.net>, "SKOS" <public-esw-thes@w3.org>
To: Antoine Isaac <Antoine.Isaac@KB.nl>
On Jan 24, 2008, at 1:08 PM, Antoine Isaac wrote:
> I'm afraid I have to support all these claims, Richard :-)
> I don't remember the precise reference, but I read once that an
> antelope becomes a document as soon as it is in a zoo, which makes
> quite some sense to me.

Briet (1951, pp. 10-11)

Suzanne Briet. Qu’est-ce que la documentation? Éditions documentaires,
industrielles et techniques, 1951.

The full text of Ronald Day's recent English translation is available
via http://ella.slis.indiana.edu/~roday/briet.htm .

The link to the original French text appears to be broken at this
time, but is accessible via the Internet Archive (http://web.archive.org/web/20061127044828/http://martinetl.free.fr/briet.pdf
)

Simon
p.s.
  (I'm being a little loose with the definitions here; one could argue
that it requires a conscious act of description before the antelope
becomes a document, but that's kind of a given in this context :-)