Re: Broader, collections and the difference between SKOS and OWL

Hello Mikael,

I'll need to read through your below email in more detail, but a brief
comment here...

Your statement of SKOS lacking a theoretical foundation reminds me of the
DCMI, which is now making headway in w/the application profile (although I
believe the DCMI is grounded in various historical developments...)

Is not SKOS grounded, at least to some degree, in thesauri standards,
such as Z39.19, ISO 5964, ISO 2788..and general controlled vocabulary
practices of for named entity systems? (Doris Clack is a genius
here.)

If not, why not?  My understanding is that these standards have played a
role in the development of SKOS.

best wishes,

jane