RE: Broader, collections and the difference between SKOS and OWL

Interesting issues and discussion.
I add my 2 cent comment, just to double check my view is correct:

- I think what SKOS try to do is to represent thesauri and other KOS in a
more formal way (machine processable) and in doing this SKOS try to define
better the distinction between concepts (in ontological sense) and terms
(let's say lexicalizations for the concepts). (this distinction is not clear
into a thesaurus)

- in fact there are relationships between skos classes (representing the
BT/NT/RT-->associative) and also relationships between terms for the same
concepts (prefLabel and altLabel are one example, but there are others).

This is my view... So what i see is that SKOS is a kind of intermediary step
from non-concept (=classes) organized structures (thesauri) to fully well
classes/instances/properties/etc organized structures (such ontologies in
OWL).

Am I correct?

Thanks
Margherita