Re: Relationships involving collections

Hi, All,
I'm inclined to agree with Leonard here. In terminological concept systems
we point to parents and children, with the assumption that if you point to a
parent, you can track down to any of its children and you don't have to
declare them as an array. I have some real concerns about changint the
definition and use of inScheme. In terminological concept entries, where we
document terms used in written and spoken discourse as opposed to controlled
vocabularies where "terms" are names that have a different function, we have
the possibility that a term in the same domain could function as a node in
multiple schemes. Our solution to this problem is to declare that for a
given reference, the concept is a part of a given scheme (inScheme) and that
in that scheme it is, e.g., a child of (another concept). I'm very concerned
that if you capture inScheme to use with arrays that we will have to find
some other solution for our problem of multiple systems.
Bye for now
Sue Ellen

--
Sue Ellen Wright
Institute for Applied Linguistics

Terminology management: There is unfortunately no cure for terminology; you
can only hope to manage it. (Kelly Washbourne)