Re: thesaurus interchange language

Hi Stella,

I didn't know about DD8723-5 format.  It does seem to cover most of the
requirements of a thesaurus interchange language.  Am I right in
thinking that you are involved in its revision process
(http://www2.db.dk/nkos-workshop/pp%20presentationer/NKOS-Stella.pdf)?

If so, I'd be interested in hearing what you see as the relevant
strengths and weaknesses of DD8723-5 and SKOS, and more importantly why
you think it's better to create two separate dialects rather than
standardising on one...

 From my perspective the beauty of SKOS is that it's flexible and
extensible enough to allow a huge variety of uses.  A thesaurus just
happens to be a really important use case because if SKOS becomes a
lingua franca for thesauri (and particularly *big* thesauri like MDA,
AAT, LCSH), then the SKOS standard will instantly get huge mindshare
among Information Managers and Librarians.

Cheers,

-- Stephen.