Re: [SKOS] Amsterdam topic " Drawing the Pictures" (was RE: some thoughts about ISSUE 35 ConceptSchemeContainment)

Miles, AJ (Alistair) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As input to discussion of "Drawing the Pictures", I've written a strawman for the semantics of skos:ConceptScheme...
>
> [1] <http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SkosDesign/ConceptSchemes/MinimalProposal?action=recall&rev=1>
>
> This semantics is very minimal, and quite permissive.
>
> At the moment, I favour this approach, because I don't think we have enough experience yet to rule anything out. We are also not trying to go beyond or reinvent what can already be done with existing technologies (SPARQL and OWL).
>
> Note that this proposal implicitly deprecates skos:inScheme, and delegates the job of describing best practices for using rdfs:isDefinedBy instead to the SKOS Primer.
>
> I think this proposal is compatible with Guus' below, but also should address most of the concerns raised in subsequent emails on that thread.

I'm in favor of this proposal. The nice thing is
that it follows the principle of minimal
commitment. An follow-up action should be to write
some practical uses/implications.

Guus

--
VU University Amsterdam, Computer Science
T: +31 20 598 7739/7718; F: +31 84 712 1446