Re: [SKOS] Amsterdam topic: "Label relations"

From: Quentin Reul <qreul@csd.abdn.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 13:13:24 +0100
To: "Miles, AJ \(Alistair\)" <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
CC: Thomas Baker <baker@sub.uni-goettingen.de>, SWD Working Group <public-swd-wg@w3.org>, Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>, public-esw-thes@w3.org

Hi Alistair,

I personally prefer proposal 4 [1] as it implies the least amount of
changes.

I find the terms chosen as part of proposal 3 [2] to describe the new
properties relatively confusing. As skos:prefLabel, etc. already cover
both skos:Concept and labels, the introduction of skos:prefLabelR,
skos:altLabelR and skos:hiddenLabelR would make it redundant. Is there
plans to limit the range of skos:prefLabel, etc. to cover skos:Concept.
   Furthermore, there doesn't seem to have any differences between the
semantic of skos:Concept and skos:Label.

Cheers,

Quentin

[1]
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SkosDesign/RelationshipsBetweenLabels/ProposalFour