Re: [SKOS] requirement for multimedia annotations

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 08:49:02 -0400, Miles, AJ (Alistair) <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk> wrote:

> Does anyone else have potential use cases requiring annotations with
> multimedia content - text, HTML fragments, SSML, MathML, images, video,
> audio ... ? I'd like to see this become a requirement for SKOS, so a
> concrete use case (in addition to W3C glossaries) would be really
> helpful. Otherwise I'll try to invent something plausible.

Hi Alistair,

danbri and I did a bunch of stuff on annotating multimedia and using multimedia to annotate things in the period 2002-2004 or early 2005. I'm not sure where the stuff is, but it will be in the W3C website somewhere...

Jonathan Chetwynd at peepo.com has done more of this stuff, and might be able to articulate some clear use cases...

cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9.1     http://opera.com