Re: [SKOS] ISSUE-26: "Minimal Label Relation" Proposal

Hi Margherita,

Thank you very much for your feedback! this is very much appreciated,
and useful.
> Dear Antoine and Alistar,
>
> Thank you for this work which we think is very useful! Capturing
> relationships between labels is what we are try to represent since some time.
>
> Regarding the possible modelling approaches you mention in [4] here my
> comments:
>
> - I like First solution: Term-as-class. This will allow to create also any
> other type of properties between terms. It also allow to attache terms to the
> corresponding concept.
>
> - Second solution: I personally do not like this too much. I think this will
> duplicate the info (labels are written twice)
>
> - Third solution: keeping standard SKOS and Term-as-class solutions
> co-existing... not yet clear

Basically this third solution [3]  would allow for people to opt for the
first solution (term-as-class) or the sandard (label as literal) one. In
whatever case, the proposal says how to convert from term-as-class
representation to standard, and vice versa, so as to be compatible with
the tools that could be produced following either approach.

Cheers,

Antoine

[3]
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SkosDesign/RelationshipsBetweenLabels/ProposalThree