Re: (frequently asked) question

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 19:51:54 +0200
To: "Ben Boyle" <benjamins.boyle@gmail.com>
Cc: public-esw-thes@w3.org

On 22/06/07, Ben Boyle <benjamins.boyle@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a question: what's the right MIME type to use when serving a skos file?
> I'd take a guess it's probably application/skos+xml ?

SKOS is an application of RDF, so presumably the MIME type will depend
on how the RDF is represented - typically application/rdf+xml (which
is the official serialisation given in the RDF specs), although there
are alternatives such as text/rdf+n3 [1], or even one of the HTML
media types for eRDF [2] or RDFa [3].

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Notation3