general type of controlled vocabulary

From: Bob Mulrenin <bob.mulrenin@salzburgresearch.at>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:10:38 +0100
To: public-esw-thes@w3.org

Dear all,

We are planning some open source components and there are a couple of
general issues and I would appreciate your feedback.

What is the best practice for declaring the type of controlled
vocabulary  as either either thesaurus, taxonomy, classification scheme,
subject headings,  folksonomy, etc ?  Hopefully referencing a standard
vocabulary of these types (?)

It would help to be consistent with others and so that the tools  can
adapt the management and presentation features, as well as offer
services to external apps....

<skos:ConceptScheme rdf:about="http://www.ukat.org.uk/thesaurus">
<dc:type>http://..../thesaurus</dc:type>

thanks for any input