Re: [SKOS] thesaurus USE patterns

From: Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:04:39 +0100
To: Mark van Assem <mark@cs.vu.nl>
Cc: Antoine Isaac <Antoine.Isaac@KB.nl>, SKOS <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

Mark, Antoine
>> Well there is a point in what Bernard says: if you aim at some standard
>> it's better if people are convinced there is nothing like a monster in
>> the closet ;-)
>
> Agreed. So who can spot a monster?
I am not sure myself what they look like, but I know someone who's met
them out-there, and she says there are a lot of them :-)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-esw-thes/2005Oct/0081.html

Quote :

There's also a huge amount of
so-called administrative data and other informational data included in many
terminology systems that may or may not be relevant to interoperability
between various concept schemes, but which may well be the content that
people are looking for when they follow these leads into the terminological
environment.

Here be dragons ?

Bernard

--