[SKOS] A revised proposal for ISSUE-39 ConceptualMappingLinks

From: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 19:26:48 +0100
To: SWD WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>, SKOS <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

Dear all,

Following last week's teleconference [1], and, especially, the
insightful comments got from the SKOS mailing lists [2] (thanks again to
all of you who contributed to this important discussion!), I have
revised my proposal for ISSUE-39 conceptualMappingLinks [3]. The result
is accessible at [4]

The main differences with the previous version [5] are:
- skos:overlappingMatch is not kept.
- there is a formal proposal for postponing resolution on: part of RDFS
and OWL semantics, semantic conditions, inconsistent examples,
entailment rules and syntactic constraints. I asked for feedback last
week, and so far there has been only one comment on the axioms of [5]. I
guess none of us has the time for this between now and the end of the
year :-(
- there is a formal proposal to raise an issue on mapping between
conceptual entities (e.g. groupings) that are not of type skos:Concept
- the discussion section has been revised: it now especially includes a
paragraph on owl:sameAs vs skos:exactMatch and a paragraph on allowing
mapping statements withing one concept scheme

Best,

Antoine

[1] http://www.w3.org/2007/12/04-swd-minutes.html
[2]