Re: [SKOS] A new proposal for ISSUE-39 ConceptualMappingLinks

Hi Margherita,

(and thank you for your comments)

> I wonder why we cannot apply also the mapping relations between concept
> schemes?

But I have put the mapping relations in [3] for this purpose! Have I
said the contrary somewhere?
I'm just saying that for certain situations -- which are not about
mapping, but extension -- we can use semantic relations (broader etc)
between different schemes as well. But that does not say that
skos:braoder will be used for mapping.

> I went to the [3] page and I still think the proposal from Alasdair was more
> correct for me.

Could you please clarify? I don't see why [3] contradicts Alasdair's
proposal
> In [3] I just notice this, but I do not think this is true (antough I may
> need to think better to this):
>
>   skos:exactMatch rdfs:subPropertyOf skos:broadMatch.
>   skos:exactMatch rdfs:subPropertyOf skos:narrowMatch.
>   skos:broadMatch rdfs:subPropertyOf skos:overlappingMatch.

Well actually I had exactly the same thought, except that my thinking
better to this did not bring obvious conclusions ;-) Hence my marking
these axioms as controversial in [3].

> Hope this helps

It does! (except for the second bit about comparing Alasdair's proposal
and mine, which is unclear for me, sorry...)

Cheers,

Antopine