Re: SKOS module for Protege

From: Simon Jupp <simon.jupp@manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:09:54 +0100
Cc: public-esw-thes@w3.org, "Dustin Arendt" <darendt@vt.edu>, "Xiaomo Liu" <xiaomliu@vt.edu>
To: Andrew Warren <anwarren@vt.edu>
Hi Andrew,

You might be interested to know Manchester are developing a SKOS
module for the new Protege 4 [1] [2].  The SKOS plugin will be for
Protege 4 only, we don't have any plans to support Protege 3.x.  We
expect to have something to show in the next couple of months.

I should point out that this work is being done to meet some specific
needs of the SeaLife project [3] .  As much as I would like to think
that others will find this tool useful and use it, it isn't my
primary goal at the moment. In saying that, it will be completely
open source and I am open to suggestions and comments.

It would be good to share some ideas and see if there is any crossover.

Cheers,
Simon

[1] - http://www.co-ode.org/downloads/
[2] - http://protege.stanford.edu/download/prerelease-alpha/
prototype.html
[3] - http://www.biotec.tu-dresden.de/sealife/

On 10 Apr 2007, at 22:53, Andrew Warren wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My colleagues and I are interested in developing a SKOS module for
> the ontology editor Protege http://protege.stanford.edu/
> Any suggestions on how to proceed, resources to consult, guidelines
> to follow, and issues to be aware of would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew Warren

Simon Jupp
simon.jupp@manchester.ac.uk