Re: RE : Use case : issues with unicity of skos:prefLabel

From: Busse, Dr. Johannes <busse@ontoprise.de>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 17:21:47 +0200
To: public-esw-thes@w3.org

Hi All,

> That's funny, I encountered a very similar problem ...

I actually was thinking about solving the problem
with the help of synsets similarly to WordNet:

I built a subProperty of altLabel: synSetMember.
All the synSetMember entries together would form a set
of "synonyms", i.e. *words* you can use within
a specific context with very similar meaning.

The prefLabel entry then would be the (label of the)
*concept*. ("word" is a linguistic category here,
as opposed to "concept", which is a semantical one).
I do achieve uniqueness if I concatenate all the string
representations of the synSetMebemer entries.

Is a crude misunderstanding of skos,
or would this be an allowed mediation between the
semantically orineted skos architecture and more
linguistically motivated lookup interests?

yours
johannes

--
Dr. Johannes Busse
Amalienbadstraße 36 (Raumfabrik 29)  D76227 Karlsruhe