Re: SKOS requirements

From: Alistair Miles <a.j.miles@rl.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:07:42 +0100
To: public-swd-wg@w3.org, public-esw-thes@w3.org

> For pattern B, the situation is different since it is newer. In my
> project we have built a small demo trying to access to 2 collections
> indexed with different vocabularies using one or the other. The browser
> (from http://stitch.cs.vu.nl/demo.html) uses a semantic-web enabled
> representation of the vocabularies, and links between the different
> concepts of these two vocabularies.

The paper and slides on this work Antoine presented at ECDL06 are well
worth reading IMO ...

http://www.few.vu.nl/~aisaac/papers/STITCH-ECDL06.pdf
http://www.few.vu.nl/~aisaac/papers/Presentation-ECDL-20-09-06.pdf

Also Doerr's "Semantic Problems of Thesaurus Mapping" (2001)  is
required reading IMO, and was the starting point for my treatment of
mapping in chapter 7 of [1] ...

http://jodi.tamu.edu/Articles/v01/i08/Doerr/

[1] http://purl.org/net/retrieval

Research Associate