Re: SKOS requirements

From: Alistair Miles <a.j.miles@rl.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:07:42 +0100
To: public-swd-wg@w3.org, public-esw-thes@w3.org

> For pattern B, the situation is different since it is newer. In my
> project we have built a small demo trying to access to 2 collections
> indexed with different vocabularies using one or the other. The browser
> (from http://stitch.cs.vu.nl/demo.html) uses a semantic-web enabled
> representation of the vocabularies, and links between the different
> concepts of these two vocabularies.

The paper and slides on this work Antoine presented at ECDL06 are well
worth reading IMO ...

Also Doerr's "Semantic Problems of Thesaurus Mapping" (2001)  is
required reading IMO, and was the starting point for my treatment of
mapping in chapter 7 of [1] ...

[1] http://purl.org/net/retrieval

Alistair Miles
Research Associate