From: public-esw-thes-request@w3.org [mailto:public-esw-thes-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Alistair Miles
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 7:29 PM
To: public-esw-thes@w3.org
Subject: SKOS at Dublin Core 2006

Hi all,

I presented "SKOS: Requirements for Standardization" at the Dublin Core conference, the slides are at:

http://isegserv.itd.rl.ac.uk/public/skos/press/dc2006/presentation.pdf

... the full paper is at:

http://isegserv.itd.rl.ac.uk/public/skos/press/dc2006/camera-ready-paper.pdf

... in case you're wondering about the "it will all end in tears" bullet, that's a *joke* :) ... I began the talk with a story about a project I worked on a while ago where everybody would argue all the time, sometimes getting extremely frustrated - the point of the story was just to say that, in my experience, most disagreements are not disagreements at all, and arise because people are actually trying to solve different problems or answer different questions - the moral of the story being that we need to be absolutely clear about what problem we want to solve with SKOS!

Cheers,

Alistair.
--
Alistair Miles