Re: SKOS and OWL

From: Carl Mattocks <carlmattocks@checkmi.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 11:33:30 -0500 (EST)
To: "Jakob Voss" <jakob.voss@gbv.de>
Cc: public-esw-thes@w3.org

I do not agree with your statement that 'mixing OWL and SKOS is wrong'

I think that adding SKOS declarations to SOME OWL declarations is a win-win.

While OWL statements are always domain 'object' specfic and not always
about disambiguating natural language 'terms' .. when the object of a OWL
declaration is ALSO a term in a Common Vocabulary .. SKOS helps explain
how a set of specific national language terms / symbols are used in that
community of practice.

 o="Jakob Voss">

--
Carl Mattocks
Chair OASIS Business Centric Methodology TC