RE: SKOS Guide and owl:sameAs

This type of information is more that editorial, it helps classifiers
update the class numbers from one edition to another and can be useful
during retrieval to find the appropriate class number in the latest
or an earlier edition.

> I wonder what the relation to the SKOS mapping vocabulary should be.
> In the first case:
>
> Edition 21
>   skos:Concept 005.6
>      mapping:exactMatch E22 005.18
>
> Edition 22
>   skos:Concept 005.6
>      mapping:exactMatch E22 005.18

No real issues here, but ...

> In the second case:
>
> Edition 21
>   skos:Concept T2--145
>     mapping:narrowMatch E22 T2--145
>     mapping:narrowMatch E22 T2--153
>
> Edition 22
>   skos:Concept T2--145
>     mapping:broadMatch E21 T2--145
>   skos:Concept T2--153
>     mapping:broadMatch E21 T2--145

Concept splitting is more problematic since it can be one to many,
many to one, or many to many.  The problem above is that there is
no coordination between the two narrowMatch to imply a one to many
or many to many relationship.  Also, I cannot add additional
structure to the SKOS smap:* elements.  Those elements are simple
statements of fact, e.g., this concept is narrower/broader to that
concept.

> Anyway dct:replaces and dct:isReplacedBy looks like one of
> these pitfalls where people can guess the meaning by the name
> of the property while it is not clearly defined. If one
> concept is replaced by another you still don't know how the
> meaning has changed - it's just said that something is
> dropped and something new has been created instead.

Yes, but I could have provided whatever information that might
have been necessary by adding additional structure:

Edition 21
  skos:Concept T2--145
    dct:isReplacedBy
      rdf:Alt